Friday, January 8, 2010

Early Mornings, Late Nights, and Camel Rides!




Well, the title basically says it all, but I figured that I would elaborate a little =)
When we have an early morning, usually I have a nap, and then I can't sleep through the night and others do that as well, we find out that the next day is an early morning so it's a vicious cycle really, anyway back to my point, when we have early mornings and things of that nature it's really neat to see the team run on God's strength and energy. It so cool when we get to a program, our lack of energy totally disappears and we're jumping and having a blast and half, it's so awesome how He is willing to provide us with that. This week we had a program in the early morning and in the afternoon so in the time between we had some relax time. Since we were quite a long distance away from our flat and a short distance from the beach, we had lunch on the sand. While we were waiting for our transportation, there was a man with a camel walking along this deserted beach and we discovered that he has giving rides! So the entire team except for myself and Alex (because he was sick) got to ride on a camel! It was everyone's first time. I had ridden one before so I didn't want to waste time. Everyone was startled upon getting on and off the camel, it was quite hilarious to watch I will post some pictures =) When we got back to the school, we did our thing and then at the end, the school wanted to show us their action songs! So they had a group of girls come up on stage and start singing and dancing! They dragged the team members up with them and I was videotaping the whole thing! The one song I remember is "Just to please you Lord I am jumping on the rock, jumping jumping jumping jumping on the rock:" It was really incredible to see and how all of it is for His glory!

~Alena

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alena! Thanks for this update, I've just spent some time and caught up on the printed goings on for the team. I'm loving the attitude of God's provision and faithfulness that shines through what you are all doing.

    Pass a hello on to the team for me. know that I continue to pray for you all.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all so much for the Blog updates.So good to from you all and hear how God is working in your lives. Loved hearing about the camel, But not the part about Alex being sick. May need more information in regards to that part.(being his mom and all) Happy New Year and will look forward to your next blog posting.
    God Bless you, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what it was that was bothering him that day, but I'm happy to report that Alex is doing well now!! Is he not writing you at all? I might have to bug him a bit for you!

    ReplyDelete